31 December 2008

Best-seller encore impatiemment attendu

From Robert Sedgewick's web site: slides for a talk entitled Impatiemment Attendu, given at a conference in honor of Phillipe Flajolet's 60th birthday. The gist of this talk appears to have been something like "The book will be out soon, after about thirty years of gestation." (That's Analytic Combinatorics, in case you're wondering.)

I mention it because apparently, at the beginning of this month in Paris, this post I made in September was projected on a big screen in front of a bunch of important people. I am of course amused. (The title "impatiemment attendu" is not mine, though; I took it from a paper by Nicolas Pouyanne. I suppose the English translation "impatiently awaited" is mine, but this was not a translation that required some huge inspiration.)

At the time, Amazon said that the book would be out on December 31. It's December 31. It's not out yet, as far as I know. I'll be at ANALCO '09 on Saturday. A slide in the presentation says that the book will be available at SODA (ANALCO takes place the day before); maybe the book will be there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.