11 September 2008

Oded Schramm obituary at NYT

Yesterday's New York Times included an obituary of Oded Schramm, who died on September 1, at the age of 46. I don't know Schramm's work, but I do know that the obituary did not have me screaming things like "That's not how mathematics actually works!". Mainstream media coverage of mathematics often has such an effect on me, so the obituary is at least decently written.

There's a memorial page; if you knew him (I didn't) you probably already knew that, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DR. SCHARAMM contributed immensely to the development of mathematics. His death was an unfortunate event and the mathematical community lost one of its greatest exponents.

jeanlauromuller@hotmail.com

The Best Internet Pages said...

DR. SCHARAMM contributed immensely to the development of mathematics. His death was an unfortunate event and the mathematical community lost one of its greatest exponents.